Adding & Subtracting
- Adding or subtracting fractions must have the same denominator
- Use equivalent fractions to obtain fractions with the same denominators
Multiplying & Dividing
- Mutiplying fractions: multiply the numerator together and the denominators together.
- Dividing fractions: Swap the division sign with the multiplication sign and flip the second fraction.
- A fraction where the numerator is greater than or equal to the denominator
- Convert an improper fraction into a mixed number and vice-versa